I use the word superpower because it is possessed by very few, brave and hungry souls constantly striving for betterment.
Why can’t you be one of them? Oh I’ll give you a bunch of reasons.
1. Lack of focus- because you are comfortable. You’re functioning, having an above average social life and personal relationship with others and with yourself.
2. You get distracted easily- some random person’s farewell or birthday, movie, a date or simple procrastination are some of the most immaterial and distracting reasons why you are not getting to your best life.
3. You can’t control your mind- mind is a spoilt little child. There are specific reward and punishment centres in the brain which are triggered by certain stimuli. Candy, pizza, sleep or booze stimulate the reward centre which is why our mind craves it repeatedly. Getting shit done, the thought of going to the gym ( for me at least) , eating healthy or disciplining your mind feels like a punishment initially which is why you need minimum 22-25 days of constant, conscience effort to form any lifestyle modifying good habit.
4. You think you are not enough- the most powerful people are those who aren’t afraid to be by themselves.
5. You are surrounded by unfocussed people who are comfortable being where they are- choose your circle very very carefully.
And as for me, I’m guilty of all of the 5 things mentioned above. But hey, acceptance is the first step right? At least I hope so.
I’ll get back to you on this when I figure out how to combat these mistakes in a do- able and healthy way.
Let me know if you have done any of these things and gotten to the other side a winner.
Here’s to being a healthy , happy hustler and making ourselves proud. And most importantly, cheers for trying to.
Lots of love,
Brown girl on a budget 🙂